Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Behold the party *croak* toad


Behold the party *croak* toad
Originally uploaded by la_mia_vista.

I was looking for a photo of the thermal baths in Viterbo, site of my latest silly adventure on Saturday night, when I came across this, more appropriate, image. It's "Bufo viridis", (as if I had to tell you). Now imagine three of these Bufos (me, Stefano and Pietro) rambling up a country road at 4 a.m. Sunday, silly from a night of party-hopping in Rome. Stefano was granted a rare night out away from woman and kid. So he decided the perfect way to extend the frivolity was to drive 90 minutes north of town and dip in a thermal bath built by the Romans 2,000 years ago. It's an incredible place: picture a thermal swimming pool at the edge of an olive grove surrounded by mountains and the odd volcanic cone. In other words, no place to be spoiled by a bunch of silly party toads. Still, we stayed submurged and pruney til sunset, chomped cold pizza, made a lot of noise and let the sulfur creep into our pores. I highly recommend it. Stefano would be happy to drive you, no doubt.

No comments: